Thought Bubble



Thought Bubble: I shall hold my desires gently, patiently within my heart.

October 19, 2011

KIMONO GIRL: Virgo

It's the time to reveal my new KIMONO GIRL painting again!
This time is...
VIRGO!

The muse is my girl Jenn. (Yes...I decided to name my muse from now on.) (For previous paintings, Pisces is Vicky, Taurus is myself.) Jenn is a classic Virgo girl. I was infected by Virgo's consistently uncertain thoughts when working on this painting. Crazy! Phew~i'm glad it's over now.


又是發表新的KIMONO GIRL畫作的時候了!
這次是...處女座!

我的繆思是我好友Jenn,(我從今以後都要公佈我繆思的名子啦,雙魚是Vicky,金牛是我自己。) Jenn是一個標準的處女座女孩,我創作這張畫的時候被處女座的 "不停的改變想法" 影響得快瘋了,好險,已經結束了。



Now! Introducing the new KIMONO GIRL...











Her thoughts are in forms of butterfly leaves,
Visible and hidden ones,
Encircle her head.

Face of a bride,
Emotion hidden in poker face,
Lips dip in wine red.

Medals earned,
Wounded by love,

My beautiful Virgo girl,
Stood in silence.


蝴蝶葉子形成的思緒,
可見與隱藏的,
環繞她的頭。

新娘的臉,
無表情的臉藏著情緒,
唇染上酒紅。

為愛受過傷,是她的勳章,

我美麗的處女座女孩,
站在沈默中。


Inspiration from Japan's traditional bridal wear.
Photo took at Meiji Temple.

靈感從日本的傳統新娘服飾而來,拍照於明治神宮。





I listened to Shiina Ringo's songs while painting this piece.
Especially love songs from her 平成風俗 Heisei Fuuzoku Album.

作畫時都聽椎名林檎的歌,最喜歡平成風俗專輯。






As I bid farewell to my Virgo girl.
I'm facing the devils of Scorpio now.


Come What May.


當我向處女座女孩說再見,
我面對的是天蠍的惡魔。

該來的就來吧。

3 comments:

  1. love it Lavi!
    I think I like it even more than Pisces!
    I love the detail in the kimono, the white butterfly "hat", and the colour combination of the whole thing! It works very well together, even the frame looks good.
    What media did you use?
    I think it's your best work yet. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! look at the butterflies..and the patterns on the kimono!! Virgo sure gave u a hard time...hehe! *thumbs up*

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Vicky,
    Oh Thank you so much Vicky~
    I used ink, markers & gouache.
    you haven't seen the original Pisces painting right? maybe you will change your mind after you seen it.

    To Cyndi,
    haha indeed. thank you Cyndi!

    ReplyDelete