Thought Bubble



Thought Bubble: I shall hold my desires gently, patiently within my heart.

November 23, 2010

Special Report: Tokyo Designer's Week 2010


So! There I am, at Tokyo Designer's Week. This year's theme is Environmental Design. The location is at Meiji Jingu Gaien. The area around there is beautiful and the pace is peaceful and slow. I pass through that famous Gingko tree boulevard and reach the exhibition before 11am. Many Japanense dramas are filmed at that Gingko tree boulevard. Actually Tokyo is full of Gingko tree. No wonder Toei Subway uses Gingko leaf as their logo.

Many people are riding bicycles. I've heard that you can get 500yen off the regular ticket price (2000yen) if you bring a bicycle along to the exhibition.


Tokyo Designer's Week 2010我來了! 今年的主題是環境設計,地點是在明治神宮外苑。附近的環境很美,步調是輕鬆與緩慢的,我經過那個有名的銀杏樹大道,上午11點以前到達展覽場,很多日劇都是在那個銀杏樹大道取景的,其實東京充滿著銀杏樹,難怪都營地鐵的logo是片銀杏葉。

很多人騎單車到會場,我聽說帶單車來的人可以得到500 yen的折扣 (原價2000yen) 。







I went to the exhibition on the last day of Tokyo Designer's Week 2010 . The event is very organized. There are staffs with signs directing people where to go. I had to line-up to buy tickets. The line-up is not bad. Not too many people. The line-up for people with pre-purchased ticket is actually longer.

There are large trailer containers set up along this 'blue carpet.' Each showcases designs or products from independent studios or companies

我是Tokyo Designer's Week 2010的最後一天去參觀的,整個會場很有秩序,有工作人員拿牌子指示群眾要去的地方,我有排隊去買票,排隊的人不多,反而有先買票的人的隊伍比較長。有大型的貨櫃箱設置在 '藍地毯' 的兩旁,每個展出獨立設計工作室或是公司的作品或產品。



 The view when you enter the exhibition.
一進場的場面


This is the IKEA trailer. The container is actually quite deep.
IKEA的貨櫃,櫃子還蠻深的。

There are booths set up around the white dome. The white dome is a large conference hall. Most booths are from art schools in Japan. Many student works are displayed.

白色圓屋頂建築的四周佈滿了學生展位,圓屋頂建築是會議廳。


The main exhibition tent.
You get your gift package there. A eco bag, paper hanger, hand book, Casa Brutus magazine and some flyers. Oh! plus you get a very nicely designed water bottle at the entrance. The water bottle later proved to be very useful in Tokyo. (drinks are not cheap)

No photos are allowed beyond this point.

The Japanese designs are impressive. (As expected ) Clean, simple, compact and environmental are the key in Japanese designs. The most memorable pieces are inside the "Cool Japan Tokyo Conference" exhibition. The beautiful large oil paintings by various young Japanese artists are a feast for the eyes.

主要展覽 帳篷。
在這裡可拿到禮品袋,有環保包,厚紙衣架,手冊,Casa Brutus 雜誌和一些傳單,還有進場時有拿一瓶有設計感的礦泉水,之後證實了這瓶很好用。(東京的飲料不便宜)

裡面就不能照相了。

日本的設計很傑出 (這是早就知道的),簡潔,袖珍的和環保是日本設計的重點,最令我印象深刻的是 Cool Japan Tokyo Conference展,年輕日本畫家 美麗巨大又精細的油畫讓我大開眼界。

 

I met many artists who are from other countries. There are Israel, Taiwan, China and South Africa. I'm especially impressed by the Taiwanese designs. So I asked to take photos and was granted! yeh!

有遇到許多其他國家來的設計師,有以色列,台灣,中國,南非。台灣的設計給我特別深刻的印象,我問能不能照相,得到許可! yeh!

Go Taiwan go!
台灣讚!

Tokyo Designer's Week 2010 is one of the reasons why I went to Japan. I wanted to go to Japan for a long long time. I tried many times yet things always didn't go well. Now i get to go this year; the wonderful year of 2010! I finally get to see Japan with my own eyes. I'm truly grateful. Although I feel Tokyo is not exactly a good place to live to me. But it was a blast to see this special city and it's unique culture. I got see a little bit of Kyoto. (a day for exact) And I love the ancient pathways and the rich traditional culture. I would love to see more of Kyoto next time when I come to Japan.

我去日本的其中一個理由就是要去Tokyo Designer's Week 2010,我想去日本很久了,試了很多次,但並沒有順利,我今年終於能去東京,在這美好的2010年,我終於能親眼看看日本,我感到非常感恩,雖然對我來說,東京並不是一個適合居住的地方,但能夠看看這個特別的城市和文化實在是太棒了,我這次有看到一點京都的風采 (只有一天的時間) ,我喜歡古老的小路和濃濃的傳統文化,我希望下次來日本能看到更多京都。



I went to Design Tide later on the same day.  Wait until next time for Lavi's report on Design Tide 2010 Exhibition~see you!

我在同一天有去Design Tide ,等我下一回的Design Tide 2010 報導吧!



images from Lavish Ink and Tokyo Designer's Week.
Please inform me first if you are going to use any of my photos.
以上多為個人照片,請勿擅自取用,須要先通知我。

2 comments:

  1. 這一場我也有去看喔

    台灣館裡面有個手工製的髮簪我蠻喜歡的,
    我朋友以前還送給我一個,非常漂亮

    ReplyDelete
  2. to ziz,
    哈哈你也有去!?我是最後一天早上11點去排隊的。
    很高興又看見你來逛逛。

    ReplyDelete